High Street is deeply committed to operating both our business and our buildings in a sustainable and responsible manner, across a wide range of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues. Our corporate sustainability strategy is built on three pillars of ESG:
Climate, Citizenship, and Risk
Within these three pillars of our sustainability strategy, we strive to demonstrate industry leadership and achieve exceptional performance in all of the following issue areas:
As we strive to continuously improve High Street’s approach to sustainability, we are now actively engaged in a multi-year effort to further develop and formalize various ESG initiatives for both our corporate and fund-level operations.
Most recently, we established a formal Board-level ESG Committee, we began participating in the annual Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), and we completed an ESG Materiality Assessment to identify the key sustainability and ESG issues which are most important and material to both our internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, we have recently committed to the following near-term goals:
- Measure High Street’s operational carbon footprint.
- Track and publicly disclose all corporate initiatives that support health and wellbeing for High Street employees.
- Issue an annual Occupier ESG Survey to measure our tenants’ engagement with ESG issues and corporate citizenship initiatives.
- Deploy a Sustainability Due Diligence Checklist to identify minimum ESG performance criteria for existing assets and new acquisitions (direct investments).
- Introduce new Green Lease language into new leases aimed at securing access to key tenant activity and utility usage data.
By pursuing these near-term goals and implementing related ESG initiatives, we believe High Street’s sustainability program will become increasingly more robust, allowing us to reduce our environmental impacts, benefit the communities in which we operate, and add economic value to our real estate investments.
High Street is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The Firm’s culture is one that promotes inclusion from the top down and understands the value that diversity brings to our workplace and business.
View Our Policy
Please click the text below to view our policy.